Innovative engineering skills
dedicated craftmanship

Göhler history

65 years have now passed since our founding. In that time, we have grown, learned, and become what we are today. Our history shows that all this takes time and happens step by step.

The 1950s
The 1960s
The 1970s
The 1980s
The 1990s
The 2000s
The 2010s

The 1950s

1950
In February, Franz Göhler founds Tankanlagenbau Franz Göhler in Hösbach. His initials are found in the first company logo: a stylized, nostalgic gas pump. The first fitter is, of course, the boss himself, and his wife Eleonore takes care of the office – complete teamwork. His father Adolf takes over the bank guarantee for the initial capital of DM 3,000.00.

1953
Move into the Nuremberg/Boxdorf Marthastraße with the support of the first major customer, BP. Ten fitters are already employed in the summer of 1953.

1954
Conclusion of the first ARAL contract. AGIP, DEA, FINA, and other companies follow. Many good customer and supplier relationships have continued since that period.

1955
The birth of today's tank truck department dates back to then! Coal traders switch to heating oil, for which tanks are attached to truck platforms.

1956-1959
Purchase of adjacent land in Hösbach and construction of two halls for a locksmith's shop and a workshop.

The 1960s

1962
Expansion of the company in Eschborn near Frankfurt. Construction of a new hall and office building.

1964
Construction of the new company buildings in Nuremberg, Gießener Straße. It includes an office building with apartment and factory halls. At the end of 1964, the company moves to a new location.

1967
Construction of another hall (13 x 40 m) in Hösbach, which will serve as a deposit for an ever wider range of products.

The 1970s

The 1970s
Supply facilities account for a growing share of sales, giving rise to today's department of process and system technology. Our vehicle repair shop technology department plans, builds, and maintains successful car dealerships.

Since then, technical, business management, and personnel consulting have been among the guarantors of success in the industry.

The 1980s

1984
Michael Göhler, is business informatics student and entrusted with the introduction of a modern computer system with 16 terminals and two dot matrix printers. UNIX was chosen as the operating system.

Following the introduction of high-performance personal computers on the German market, CAD systems were also introduced at two workstations.

1987
Changing of the generations: The sons Rudi and Bernd Göhler assume leadership of the company.

The 1990s

1990
In 1990, Franz Göhler founded the first company in former East Germany from the holdings of VEB Minol Halle.

1991
After completing his studies and "apprenticeship years" in other companies, Michael Göhler joins the company. His area of responsibility is the sale of tank data automation systems and the support and expansion of the company's own IT system. Shortly afterwards, new communication channels such as remote data transmission via modem and later e-mail and the use of the internet are introduced.

1992
Rudi Göhler pushes ahead with the continuous expansion of the group of companies. Personal cost responsibility and entrepreneurial action according to the profit center principle are introduced under his leadership.

1994
Introduction of DIN EN ISO 9001 and SCC (Safety Certificate Contractors) certification.

1995
The company founder, Franz Göhler, dies at the age of 80. His foundation for senior citizens and people in need of care ensures that he remains a benefactor even after his death.

In the same year, Göhler acquires Gsänger Bau GmbH in Georgensgmünd for the execution of building and civil engineering work, in order to offer service from a single source in southern Germany as well.

1998
Opening of the Unterschleißheim branch. Expansion of the maintenance network in southern Germany.

1999
Rudi Göhler acquires a stake in Raab Karcher Tankstellentechnik GmbH. The premature exit of Viterra AG results in the failure of refurbishment. The TIN operations in Hamburg, Bremen, and Hanover are created from this acquisition.

The 2000s

2000
The HKL companies in Ennepetal and Zeitz are integrated in order to strengthen the process and system technology department's presence in northern and eastern Germany.

2001
The company Schüßler expands its product range to roofs, façades, and profiles. Our own industrial production facility is the basis for cost-efficient and high-quality production – just in time. Metalworking with state-of-the-art CNC punching and laser technology.

Michael Göhler assumes management of operations in southern Germany.

2002
The Balzer company in Frankfurt is acquired, allowing Göhler to expand its service network in central Germany.

This makes Göhler one of the most powerful all-round suppliers for car repair garages.

2003
Göhler opens a sales office in Ehningen near Stuttgart.

2004
Various mineral oil companies confirm their confidence in the decades of cooperation by transferring further areas and tasks to the Göhler Group of Companies.

In the same year, Rudi Göhler dies. His shares remain in the possession of the Erika Göhler family with their sons, Patrick and Michael. Michael, at this time responsible for the southern German operations, succeeds him as Group managing partner. In the third generation, the Göhler Group of Companies remains a classic family business with a lean structure and a solid financial foundation.

2008
The Göhler family sells the gas station construction and service division to a France-based international company. The process and system technology, motor vehicle workshop technology, and tank and silo vehicles departments remain the property of Patrick and Michael Göhler. From this time on, the company trades under the name Göhler Anlagentechnik GmbH & Co. KG.

2009
The Göhler Tankanlagenbau and Göhler Tank- & Industrieanlagen brands are withdrawn from the market.

In the same year, our first female trainee in the field of system mechanics, specializing in supply engineering, joins us! Due to her outstanding performance, she is honoured as the best female graduate in Lower Franconia by Minister of the Interior Zeil (second from the right) at a Chamber of Industry and Commerce event.

The 2010s

2011
Foundation of the Bremen site.

Göhler continues to establish itself in northern Germany by taking over Ruhrmann’s staff and operating and office equipment.

2012
Acquisition of Betz GmbH Werkstatttechnik. Betz is a specialist in workshop equipment and automotive parts and accessories. We quickly agreed with the previous owners, Dieter Hein and his wife Ursel, that the company would remain on the market and expand its business. Since 2014, its service portfolio has also included consulting and project planning for the construction and conversion of complete workshops.

Establishment of the Düsseldorf location.

Göhler continues to establish itself in western Germany by acquiring over the staff and operating and office equipment of a competitor.

2013
Founding of MGA Tanktechnik GmbH & Co. KG. Since 2008, trademark rights have precluded Göhler from offering any services related to gas stations under its logo. MGA Tanktechnik GmbH & Co. KG was founded due to the high enquiry volume from former customers. The company sees itself as a point of contact for the middle class and offers complete solutions in addition to maintenance and repair.

2016
Construction of the new ASA Schüßler plant in Hösbach. Patrick and Michael Göhler erect a 3,000 sq.m. hall with an office building of about 300 sq.m on the property adjacent to Göhler in Hösbach. The move from Haibach to Hösbach takes place in October 2016. Due to the close proximity of the location, synergy effects are also expected regarding full utilization of machine capacity and staff scheduling.